Shortlisted for the GEM Awards
Every year the Suffolk Safeguarding Adults Board hold an Awards evening that celebrates home care workers and companies that Go the Extra Mile, these are called the GEM Awards. The GEM Awards provide the GEM Award Entryopportunity for providers of supported living, very sheltered accommodation and home care, who are committed to improving the dignity and experience of those receiving care, to have their work recognised, celebrated and rewarded.
This year we decided to enter as all our home care workers do go the extra mile for our clients and we work hard as a company to make sure this happens through recruiting the right staff, training and our thorough care planning.
The categories that we entered were:
- My Life, My Home – Looking at how we help to support our clients to maintain an environment that is safe and comfortable for them to continue to live at home.
- My Life, My Choice – Looking at how we ensure every client is fully involved in all decisions about the care that they will receive.
- My Life, My Fun – Looking at how we enable our clients to enjoy social activities and how we provide companionship for our clients.
- My Life, My Safety – Looking at how we ensure our clients feel safe and how we deal with their concerns.
- My Life, My Independence – Looking at how we encourage our clients to be as independent as possible.
We found out this week that we have been shortlisted for all 5 categories that we had entered! We have been visited by a member of the Dignity and Quality Team to look at all the evidence we have to back up our applications. She also visited a selection of our clients. We now have to wait to find out if we win!! The awards ceremony is in January and we will find out then.